NOTICE of Delay
ATRA’s Online Membership Management System (MMS)
Unexpected delays in the design and launch of ATRA’s Member Management System will impact 2018 Applications and Membership Renewal
Since 1985, the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA) has represented the profession of recreation therapy in Alberta. Membership with ATRA assures your agency, your clients and Albertans that your recreation therapists has met entry to practice requirements, follow a code of ethics, standards of practice and are committed to maintaining competent practice.
ATRA’ membership year requires members to renew their membership and pay fees by March 31 each year. However, unexpected delays in the design and launch of ATRA’s new online Member Management System is having an impact on 2018 Applications and Membership Renewal.
What does this mean for your Recreation Therapists applying for ATRA Membership?
ATRA will continue to accept applications through the process outlined on our website.
What does this mean for your Recreation Therapists who are required to renew their membership?
- Launch of the online system will be delayed up to 8 weeks.
- The ATRA office will not accept mail in renewals.
- The membership renewal deadline date will be adjusted to accommodate our delay.
- ATRA member rights, responsibilities and benefits will not be impacted by the delay.
- Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association membership status will not be affected.
- The online renewal process will be fast, easy and convenient.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we tackle this unforeseen delay.
We fully anticipate our MMS will be the robust system we envisioned for our association. Thanks for your ongoing support of your professional association. It is greatly appreciated.