Effective 2019, all ATRA Memberships are renewed online using a secure online membership management system. This fast, efficient and safe way to pay your annual membership fee and provide accurate data about the recreation therapy profession in Alberta. Go to the Members Section / Member Renewal and begin the renewal process starting February 1, 2019.
- The renewal period for the 2019 - 2020 Membership is February 1 – March 31, 2019
- The ATRA office does not accept mail in renewals.
- The online renewal process will be fast, easy and convenient.
- Your 2019 – 2020 Membership Fees are due March 31, 2019.
Welcome back! ATRA encourages all members to renew their membership once a year every year. An ATRA Membership is important it you, your employer, your clients and the association. Your membership has lapsed by 12 months. You do not need to reapply for membership. To regain active membership a late penalty fee of $100.00 will be applied to the annual fee of $300.00. Your status on the Long Membership Recognition program will start again at Year 1.
Retaining ongoing professional membership with ATRA is important to your career, employer and clients. To maintain your membership in good standing status please renew by March 31, 2019. Beginning April 1, 2019, late renewal fees will be added to membership renewal costs.
If you renew your membership after the Membership Renewal Period, the following consequences are applied:
- 1 – 30 days = Fees + $50.00 Late payment fee.
- You will retain access to your Member Profile, email correspondence, Long Service Recognition Program and ATRA and / or CTRA committee participation. All other member rights and responsibilities are suspended until renewed.
- 1 – 12 months = Fees + $100.00 Late payment fee
- You will retain access to your Member Profile. Long Membership Recognition Program starts at Year 1. All other member rights and responsibilities are suspended until renewed.
- 25 – 36 months = Fees + $200.00 Late payment fee **
- You will retain access to your Member Profile. Long Service Recognition Program starts at Year 1. All other member rights and responsibilities are suspended until renewed.
- Late Renewal of 3 years or more = Apply as a new applicant
- You will need to meet current membership criteria in place. You have forfeited the ATRA's grandfather clause that recognized your education level and experience.
Send an email to CompetenceDirector@alberta-tr.org
Yes! ATRA and CTRA have a Joint Membership Agreement that enables ATRA Members a 50% discount on regular CTRA fees.
Renew your Student Membership if you are taking one or more courses towards the completion of a diploma, post graduate certificate, bachelors / masters / doctorate degree whose title contains Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation & Leisure Studies.
In 2019, please pay your membership fees between February 1 – March 31, 2019.
Your ATRA Student membership needs to be renewed by March 31 of every year.
Congratulations Graduate! If you have intend to apply for Professional Membership or plan to withdraw your membership affiliation with ATRA permanently please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to help keep our records up to date. If your plans are to become a Professional Member apply as a new applicant.
Maintaining your student membership is important. If you have missed your renewal deadline, renew as soon as you can. Send an email to email@example.com to inform us of your situation. Your Member Profile, access to student member benefits will be discontinued until renewal occurs.
Renew your Supporting Membership if you are interested in continuing to further the objectives of ATRA and are not eligible for Professional or Student Membership. In 2019, please pay your membership fees between February 1 – March 31, 2019
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to help keep our Membership Records up to date.
If you plan to retire within the member year Congratulations on a career well spent. If your plan to stay on with ATRA, please apply for Supporting Membership or if you plan to withdraw your ATRA Membership please send an email to email@example.com to help keep our Membership Records up to date. Now go out and have some fun!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No, membership renewal can only be processed in the online system once payment is received. Receipts are automatically generated and made available through your online Member Profile.
ATRA has invested in an online member management system that provides secure online payment for membership fees through PayPal. Automatic payment processing through PayPal ensures that all transactions are secured and accounted for. The renewal is complete after each member enters required data and submits full payment.
ATRA requires full payment of your membership fees at the time of renewal. Additional fees will be added to late payments.
No, ATRA requires full payment of your membership fees at the time of renewal. Additional fees will be added to late payments.