This information is intended to benefit managers, supervisors and employers of Recreation Therapists in the province of Alberta.
The major areas of interest address included in this section include:
- Hire a Recreation Therapist – this page highlights the distinct and unique health services provided by recreation therapists and the value added to clients and the health care system in Alberta
- Professional Qualifications – this page provides details on the changes underway for qualifications required for new graduates and ATRA’s grandfathering commitment.
- Competency Profile - this page outlines ATRA’s Standards of Practice
- Continuing Competence Program – ATRA’s mission is to ensure Albertans receive care from knowledge and skilled practitioners. Learn about the requirements on this page.
- Complaints and Resolution – this page outlines ATRAs limitations and authority.
- Regulation – you will find the current information on the status of the therapeutic recreation profession in Alberta
- Professional Members List – verify if your employee or prospective employee is an ATRA professional member. ATRA respectfully requests employers who employ a Recreation Therapist to make ATRA Professional membership a requirement of employment.
In the event you cannot locate the information you are seeking, we welcome your questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.